Friday, September 05, 2014

Cosmos

Hi there! I did give up on the summer and am already excited about winter haha! Before that, yes, fall has come. One of the happiest things about living in Japan is that I can feel the differences in each season. Each season, you could enjoy each air, smell, color or food. One of the typical signs of fall is cosmos, right? Hey it's strange I've hardly seen dragonflies this year. Cosmos flowers and dragonflies are kind of a pair to me. This summer was very short and we've had a lot more rain than usual so far. It's weird.

These pictures are obviously duds, but I like them, so here they go.



White cosmos 2



White cosmos 3



White cosmos 4



White cosmos 5



White cosmos 6



Homemade mayonnaise
In the meantime, isn't this jar so darn cute? I also have the Gaspard and Lisa version. I've been making mayonnaise myself for some time now, but couldn't resist buying them teehee. I used up the content and made my own again. Mayo is so easy to make I do suggest making your own!



2014-09-03 1
For these bentos, what I did the night before is sprinkle some salmon pieces with herb salt, save part of mini chicken pork burgers, carrot burdock salad and boiled broccoli from the dinner. In the morning I broiled the salmon, tossed the broccoli with minced umeboshi and shoyu, re-sauteed the burgers and then dressed in thickened shoyu sauce.



2014-09-04
For these ones, I made pork sukiyaki (pork, aburaage, shirataki, maitake mushroom and green onion). Then put them on beds of rice neatly and added shoyu egg halves. I used aburaage (fried thin tofu) instead of tofu, which turned out a very nice idea. Aburaage in the sukiyaki sauce is delish and it goes great with rice. Ah I wish I'd added something red to top it off. Don't you think so??

4 comments:

  1. As for the 2nd bento ... yes, you are right, it's more on the brown side and could need one more highlight in red. And as for summer, this is interesting, we at the other side of the world also had a very short (and early) summer, the remaining summer time was and is cold and rainy and it feels more like late fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should've put on red ginger or something.


    You are in the same season zone! We also had a early start of summer. Too bad neither of us could fully enjoy the summer, but let's enjoy fleeting autumn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasty bentos and beautiful flower pics both of which reflect the beauty of the season...thank you for the refreshing oasis of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn! Thank you for coming! What have you been up to?

    ReplyDelete