Friday, August 15, 2014

Fireworks Display

It looks like my very short, harsh summer will end soon. I can even feel the hint of fall these days. How fast time goes by, sigh. We really got to cherish every single moment, appreciating everything around us. Since I'm getting older, I feel this way very often.

In the meantime, we went to see fireworks early this month. Speaking of fireworks, the thing that most reminds me of summer is that. Every time I watch fireworks display I feel kind of sentimental remembering fond memories. Though, everything that went by is in the past, both good things and bad things. I hope to be always facing forward, not backward.


2014-08-01 1752
Since we got to the fireworks place a bit too early, had to charge our bellies first. Our choice was an old, nice osobayasan. It was an oyakodon kind of evening to me.


2014-08-01 1751
Yuppi's choice was katsudon.


2014-08-01 1752_01
Hubs had, I don't remember what kind of seiro, but anyway he had seiro soba (cold soba noodles with a hot bowl of dipping soup). He always prefers soba. He's been a soba lover since he was a little kid, which is strange in general. Most young kids prefer ramen, right?



2014-08-01 1817
We had a bit more extra time until the fireworks going off. I walked around taking pictures of random stuff there.


2014-08-01 1814
A cute, pink house of gelato.


2014-08-01 1814_02
A cute double decker bus. I want to get in.


2014-08-01 1816
This area is probably the most popular place for sightseeing in Japan. There are beautiful flower arrangements everywhere, welcoming visitors from inside and outside of the country. By the way, I'm a bit impressed with how this lens worked. I also like the angle of view of 35mm lens.


2014-08-01 1814_01
See these electric cables on the background. Very Japanish!


2014-08-08 0754
I'm not supposed to forget to post bentos of course, yeah! I made fried rice with delicious salty salmon and fresh corn. In the side bowl are pickled cuke and tomato marinade. I'm thinking... What is the difference between pickle and marinade? There aren't any differences in this case, LOL. Both tomatoes and cukes are vegetables.


2014-08-11 0751
This bento has panko-fried shrimp, cuke slices tossed with yukari, a chunk of broiled salty salmon, and Aiko tomatoes as is. In the bento, the only thing I worked hard with is the panko shrimp, haha!


More photos coming soon, and a little love from me. Happy weekend guys!

2 comments:

  1. both bentos look delicious :-) The colors are so balanced!

    I found this explanation about pickle vs marinade online, I hope it helps: "Basically "to marinate" means to soak some food in seasoned food before cooking, whereas "to pickle is the process to store some food in a jar full of vinegar or salt and water for a long time."

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so sweet of you! It is helpful!!
    My tomato and cuke are out the definition. They should be called *soaked salad* haha!

    ReplyDelete