Friday, June 06, 2014

Soba, Ramen and Something

Hello there! It's almost summer over here. Oops we're going to have to go through the rainy season before summer. Anyway I'm about to take a hiatus for a bit from my flower-shooting adventure due to the hot weather lately. No worries, as I said earlier I have lots and lots of flower pictures left to post that I've been shooting and saving over this spring LOL! Though, I thought it would be boring if I posted similar things in a row, so I decided to upload pictures of foods we've eaten out recently. They are all typical Japanese foods you generally eat out.


2014-05-31 1416
Soba noodles with veggie and chicken breast tempura. You know what, they serve fresh ground, kneaded and of course fresh boiled soba, which you could rarely find. 


2014-05-31 1410
Besides, it was an amazing space that an old classical Japanese house reused as a soba restaurant. Calming, comforting and nostalgic. Unfortunately no photos of the room interior though.


2014-05-31 1411
Tendon, a bowl of rice, and tempura dipped in sweet salty soy sauce.


2014-04-27 1927_01
Soup curry, a bowl of some fried veggies and simmered chicken or meat in spicy hot, delish curried soup. This is one of our local foods.


2014-04-27 1927
You dunk a spoon of rice into the curry soup then eat.


2014-04-25 5
Shiro miso ramen.


2014-04-25 7
Wantan men, a bowl of basic ramen topped with some wonton dumplings.


2014-04-23 4
Omuraisu (omrice), fried rice with chicken, onion and ketchup, covered or topped with an omelet with plenty of ketchup on. Kind of a comfort food to me that reminds me of my childhood.


2014-05-30 0818
I don't forget to post bentos of course, because this is a bento blog heheh. For this bento, I made asparagus salad, chilli scallop with scrambled egg, and fried chicken tender, for which I dressed some chicken tender pieces with yuzukosho (citrus and chilli-flavored salt) and then fried. To top it off I sprinkled it with a bit of yukari (a salty herb topping).


2014-05-28 0808
This one is the kind that I whip up and throw in when I don't feel like thinking this, that and the other for bento lol. But I was kind enough because I fixed a mini pouch of misoshiru. Yuppi puts the content of the pouch in a soup cup, then pours over hot water from the pot at school. Anyone interested in this cute, delicious miso pouch?? If requested it'll be fun to share something about it.


2014-05-26 0733
So, what's in this? Can anyone detail it instead of me? I am truant right now.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to know more about the miso pouch ^^
    In the last bento I can see... tamagoyaki, asparagus, chicken... maybe mushroom and snow pea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are awesome! It's almost perfect! That is green onion, but just looks like snow peas, so I'd have to send a special award to you.. someday haha!

    ReplyDelete