Monday, April 01, 2013

Shiokoji Tofu

2013-03-26 1

This bento contains salmon flakes, spinach with peanut shiokoji sauce, curry mayo flavored chikuwa slices and shiokoji pork saute.



2013-03-26 0

Ya know, a whipped-up bento as usual.





In the meantime, I made shiokoji tofu a while back. For those not familiar with shiokoji tofu, it is tofu marinated in a little shiokoji for a while. Shiokoji makes tofu creamy and taste better because of the enzymes in it, just like soft cheese, Mozzarella or cream cheese, so is it safe to say that this is a vegan cheese? Don't you think it's perfect for vegan Caprese?





I drained tofu thoroughly, then coated in shiokoji evenly and kept it in the fridge for a week or so.

Shiokoji Tofu
About 2 tablespoon shiokoji per pack of tofu.
Soft tofu or firm, try it out with whatever you like!

8 comments:

  1. Your bento looks tasty and beautiful as usual! Do you make your own tofu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babykins! I'm so excited...I just discovered I can mail order kome koji in my own city! I just ordered and can't wait for it to arrive so I can try out the new Japanese taste sensation I'm hearing about all the time on your blog :)! I used to have amazake when I lived in the UK, and enjoyed that too. I'm still admiring this happy little wooden box of yours...I keep thinking I'll get that one on Rakuten. One of these days...! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, your "whipped up" bentos always look SO AMAZING! I wish I could reach into my computer screen and eat this one! ^_^ Great work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so nice. Haha! They may bring out computers like that one day. Like delicious foods pop out of your comp. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm actually not a big fan of amazake itself but it's in my have-to-challenge list. Wondering if it can go as an alternative to sugar for my cooking.

    Wooden box...You've already got one or some, no? I also want another one but I won't buy anymore, have no space ^0^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Aurum! I've never tried that, but it sounds not that hard to make tofu at home. It would be nice to have my own tofu someday ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, This is really beautiful post for what I was looking for

    Thank you so much for sharing and I wont miss your next post. Have you ever tried this? can you tel me if is OK for Pregnant woman?

    BANGLADESHI RECIPES BLOG

    SNAIL WHITE CREAM

    SEO BLOGGER TEMPLATES

    ReplyDelete