Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Quick Chicken Curry Bento

2012.04.10-1


2012.04.10-2


Hi there! Today I made a quick curry for bento, which goes great with rice or bread, and is perfect in a busy morning. I've probably posted the recipe before but I'll write again because it's so easy to make, and of course to write too haha!

Super quick chicken curry
1) Generously flour bite-sized pieces of chicken thigh.
2) Brown them in a frying pan.
3) Add a little water, curry powder, shoyu and tonkatsu sauce (or Worcestershire sauce), and keep cooking until the chicken is done and the liquid is thickened.

It's too easy, right? Since it is for bento, doesn't need much water to add. And of course you can add your favorite spices or herbs. If you want your curry healthier you can use chicken tender or breast instead. But don't forget to flour them, it's the key to the tenderness, and the thickness of the curry sauce.

11 comments:

  1. Ellen @ CheapCooking.comApril 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM

    This looks really yummy!  Do you use a spicy (hot) curry powder or a sweeter one? And what is syoyu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmh :3 i would eat it, if i aren't a vegetarian :P
    is your white box out of plastic? because i have got a "glit and brilla" bento box in white plastic and i fear that it changes color :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I don't know about sweet curry powder, but you could use any type depending on your taste. I use Japanese curry powder. Shoyu is Japanese soy sauce. But they don't have to be Japanese products. You can use what you have on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK it seems like I need to make a vegetarian version then. :D
    The white containers are enameled. You better not put food with tomato sauce (ketchup) or turmeric in white plastic boxes. It won't disappear. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babykins, I can't comment in your blog, because always could say the same: everything looks beautiful, tasty and so on :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha you don't have to comment each time. I'm just happy if everyone enjoys my posts. If there is anything you want to figure out feel free to ask. Thank you strange! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just dis over tour blog and must say everything looks nice :) I'll try this one for m'y lunch tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both look so sophisticated and beautiful.  What is on top of the rice in the second one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Heather for the sweet comment! We call it *chorogi*, a cousin of red ginger pickle. It's interesting shaped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Maki Sushi for coming by and commenting! I hope you had a good one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Maki Sushi for coming by and commenting! I hope you had a good one! :D

    ReplyDelete