Monday, January 02, 2012

What I Have Done For The Last Week

SHINNEN AKEMASHITE OMEDETOU GOZAIMASU!!! Happy Happy New Year! 2012 has come to you and me! I'd like to say thank you to those of you who frequently visited this blog last year. This year also, I hope that we can all share a fun time and nice ideas together through bentoing! I actually did not have a chance to make bento since the last post. Maybe I'll make some bento about a week later. So today's post has photos I've taken for the last week. I hope everyone enjoy them with me!


This is what I saw in the Christmas morning.
DSC_0029


Our Christmas cake this time. I'm a bit proud of my chiffon cake hehe.
Chiffon Cake


Yuppi and her best friend made a gingerbread house for the first time ever at her English school. The house base was prepared beforehand by the school. Its taste wasn't our type, but they really enjoyed assembling and decorating the little house. 
DSC_0011


*Is Santa coming?..*
DSC_0012


I feel so blessed because I had some Santa Clauses this time who gave me such hearty presents. I got a Christmas card from my great bento pal, Heather at Ohayo Bento, which put a smile on my face. Thank you Heather!
DSC_0206


In the meantime, my cookie meister tofugirl at Open Mouth Insert Cookie sent us a super lovely gift! Way back, I actually said to her that I hoped to have her cookies because she'd made wonderful baked goods each time! So she granted my wish in time for Christmas! Thank you tofugirl!!
DSC_0146


Yum yum.... Matcha flavored shortbread cookies and cinnamon ones. How cute they are!?!? They were really so good that we and Moxy already ate all up haha!
DSC_0164


Yuppi is very happy with Moxy!
DSC_0119


Here are presents that my sweet little Santa selected for me. I sent her a cute backpack, a muffler and a pair of gloves.
DSC_0035


The New Year's Eve night was too beautiful not to take a photo.
New Year's Eve Night


Actually, the rest of the family have left for Sapporo by train to see relatives yesterday.
DSC_0261


So now I'm savoring my own time at home.
Happy tea time


Look! this is my dinner today yay! Haha just joking! It's a fake ebi fry teishoku that I found at the front of the restaurant in the station!
DSC_0265


I like this one much better!
DSC_0264

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely holiday!  Looks like you had fun.  Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas and New Years you had. Some nice gifts and good food. Thanks for sharing with us. The gingerbread house is adorable...I didn't think you really were supposed to eat it! Have a great New year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Megg! Happy New Year, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha they couldn't wait to eat the house and broke it up before Christmas! 
    Thank you, Happy New Year Lyndsey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a fun time! Your cake is gorgeous, you should be proud of it. It made me very happy to send you a Christmas card, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo glad to have such a cute, hearty card! Thanks so much Heather! 

    ReplyDelete