Monday, May 17, 2010

Obento May 17, 2010

Obento May 17, 2010

Let's get started!  Beginning of the week.  Today's bento is also just WAFU (Japanese style) bento.  I'm actually getting tired of them, hehe.  So I'm going to make a different type of bento.  I'm not sure how it will come out though.  Stay tuned!

Sauteed cut asparagus
Sauteed mushrooms (shiitake, maitake)
Stir fried egg and julienned carrot
Curry sauteed bonito pieces
Edamame, red cabbage sprouts and hanabirafu (flower shaped gluten puffs)
White rice topped with pieces of kombu sheet

Belated Spring !?  Many of the flowers around are bursting right now, uwaaai!!

flower2010.5.17

flower2010.5.17-2

flower2010.5.17-4

flower2010.5.17-3

flower2010.5.17-1

10 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers!! It is so fun to see what is blooming. :)

    Your bento looks very good - it actually made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bento always so pleasing to look at and delicious too! Great shots for the flowers pictures, they are so colorful and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning post!! I'm elated to see bright flowers coming your way--thank you for sharing these vibrant blooms!Beautiful, spring-fresh bento, I love it...am curious about your new bento "direction"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kuusou
    It's worthwhile since you enjoyed these flowers.
    And so glad if you liked this bento ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lia
    So glad you always enjoy seeing my bento.
    But I'm getting tired of my bento style. So I have to get some inspirations from your bento! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jenn
    I want to make my bento more attractive and healthy like your bentos! I'm not sure if I have talent, though. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the redesign of your blog! I'm glad you are finally getting the spring blooms, those tulips are gorgeous. And your bentos already look pretty healthy to me--I like how you can fit such a big variety of foods into such a tiny box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @tofugirl
    You're back!^0^
    You can change your layout easily. Enter here → http://bloggerindraft.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogger-template-designer.html

    Thank you for your sweet comment. It's so fun to arrange a variety of foods in one box :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is beautiful in this post :D. Oh my oh my, those red tulips... sob sob sob, I want those to be planted in my garden T_T

    ReplyDelete
  10. @tatachan
    I love tulips and other flowers. But I don't actually grow these flowers. An old lady living nearby grows these and presents us so all I gotta do is view pretty flowers ehehe ;D

    ReplyDelete