Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Boo Santa Bento & Nikudon Bento


♪ On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, a partridge on a pear tree♪


Santa will come soon !!  How nice presents does Santa Claus send to kids all over the world?  I want a present, too!  Want to have a delicious bento, want someone to make it.  But after all, it's the best present to me that my family are all happy and healthy all the time.


Today's bento is Boo Santa.  Menu...  Nanbanzuke; fried chicken marinade ( marinated with soy, mirin, vinegar).  Spinach namul.  Lotus root marinade ( marinated with curry powder, salt, vinegar ).  Tamagoyaki ( include nori ).  And Santa's cap made of egg white & kanikama.  Namul is Korean boiled veggie salad.  Tartar sauce matches nanbanzuke well, but I used mayonnaise instead, because I didn't want to make tartar sauce.

2009.12.21y-1

This is hubby's bento nikudon.  Sweet & soy seasoned teriyaki pork, tamagoyaki, simmered carrot, sauteed siitake, broccoli sprout.  Nikudon is rice topped with sauteed pork, a kind of donburi.  Donburi is rice in a bowl, which is topped with a dish.  It does not take a lot of time to make donburi.  So I often make it when I have little time.



Snow has accumulated outside!!
yuki

2 comments:

  1. hey babykins, you are on the flickr blog! congratulations! http://blog.flickr.net/en/2010/04/02/will-you-want-to-eat-them/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan!
    I never knew until you told me that. So sweet of you!!
    It's been awesome on my flickr, whew. ^^'

    ReplyDelete